What I offer
I can offer everything you need to get a publication together, whether it's a sticker, a leaflet, a website, a glossy report or anything else:
- Design and layout
- Planning, researching, interviewing, writing, editing
- Photography, editing / touching up, burning to CD, presenting online or in print
- Setting up web hosting for you so you don't have to deal with the technicalities
- Getting you going with services such as Twitter, Ning, Facebook etc; helping you decide how to use them and integrating them with the other things you do
- Liaising with printers to organise proofing, final production and delivery
If you're looking for a more complicated site (perhaps using a database or other server-side technologies), I can deliver that too. I work closely with a number of skilled web developers, and between us we'll come up with the most appropriate solution.
My emphasis is on understanding your situation. Whatever I produce, I'll make sure it's useful and useable for you. I'll never compromise on issues of accuracy; as well as proofreading your work, I employ people to proofread mine.
Whenever possible, I like to work with people rather than for them. I'll spend whatever time is necessary with you, your colleagues, your clients or your service users. As a qualified youth and community worker, I'll be right at home.
Unless it's absolutely impossible, I only use photographs that I've taken myself in my designs. That way, you can be sure that they're not only unique, but also completely free of any issues of copyright. When it's necessary to use others' photos, though, I only get them from reputable suppliers such as iStockPhoto.